(1) Any U18 aged player who attends the training camp of a U18 AAA team and is released is eligible to try-out for another U18 AAA team that same year.
(2) A U18 AAA player who played for an out-of-region team the year prior has the right to try-out for that same out-of-region team or their home region team in the following season.
(3) *New* A 3rd year U18 player who was released from his home region in his 2nd year of eligibility and remained in his home region with a lower division team (i.e. U17, High School, or Club) can try-out for any U18 AAA team in his 3rd year.
- Note 1: "Release - 2nd Year of Eligibility" applies to (3) only. It can be obtained from your home region team following your 2nd year of eligibility try-out, and it can be used in that same year AND your 3rd year of eligibility.
- Note 2: If you are a player who was released in your second year of eligibility and you remained in your home region with a lower division team, an out-of-region U18 AAA team can recruit you at any time during your 2nd year of eligibility. It would not qualify as tampering.
In all of the above circumstances (1), (2), and (3), a Release cannot be refused by your home region. However, a Release must be provided to the new team prior to any try-out or other team activity. Contact Team Directors for a Releases (see "Contacts" tab).
The Manitoba U18 AAA Hockey League Discrimination, Harassment, Bullying and Abuse Policy. We invite our members to review the policy regularly.
Contact Levi Taylor: 431-822-1251 or U18Commissioner [@] gmail.com